Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Treasure Recognized

No picture at the moment so I will have to start a fresh entry after I put this ever so short one in.

Today was one of those exercises in extreme parts searching. Never mind that in any boating oriented community in the U.S. of A. I could have gotten everything I needed within an hour or so of running around. Today was an hour bus ride to find out that not one of the six places I stopped at had the most significant part that I needed. All told it was about 4 1/2 hours of trying to find the thing and coming up empty. A few days earlier I had gone into PV with Sandy so that we could buy a generator and had a similar chase to even find the Honda store!!

The "capper" was that when I got back to the boat I found out that (probably me, myself or I) had left the tops off of one of the house batteries in the course of checking it last time and it was totally gone - history - done in - trashed!! Ah well, that meant another chase to find batteries that could be delivered. Fortunately there is a wonderful lady here at the marina working as a Concierge!!! What a great thing to have a translator with the use of the phone to speed the search when the going gets tough. Even though there wasn't much she could for the part I couldn't locate (period) she was able to call and find batteries of the specified type and size in a matter of minutes THEN negotiate the purchase and delivery!!! As we say around here,"how cool is that?"

I have needed this level of service all my life, I think.

No comments: