Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Musica

It may be hard to see but there are three computers attached to three super-duper antennas while we are on the rare internet connection!!

I had a chance to slide around Barra de Navidad the other day and stumbled on a music shop. The proprietor was more than happy to guide me through lots of CD’s according to my tastes and I came away with lots of new music. A group I had discovered back in La Cruz became the cornerstone for the exploration as he tossed one CD after another at me… I said, “Otra vez,” and he would click to the next selection with his remote as he piled the CD’s on. Gads, I was lucky to get out alive!!

This was about as much fun as you can have on a warm Sunday afternoon on your way to the pool!

There is a slight story here too because, as those who know me well will attest, I will always stop to listen to new music. There are lost hours in my life where I was under the headphones somewhere discovering new music. Obviously these are not blank to me but, rather, the world around could easily have spun off its axis and gone wandering the universe and I might not have noticed.

So you may wonder what I found?

Maná (accent over the second “a”) in a two album set – “Falta Amor & Donde Jugaran Los Niños” (you know that niños has an “enyay”, right?). Not having a Spanish keyboard or a way to put these in properly sometimes drives me a bit crazy.

Reyli in an album called “FE” (Faith) a coincidence to be sure.

An all female pop group called Jeans – “Porque Soy Libre…”

These are the only three that I have had time to listen to all the way through and they are excellent. More to follow later as I get the others entered and listened to. There were also two from La Cruz excursions that will get a mention later as well.

><(((\">`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><(((º>¸.
•´¯`•.¸. , . .•´¯`•.. ><(((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><(((º>

Another thing that has occurred to me today was that, “Worry is not an occupation; it’s a disease.” This comes from boat issues we are having (still) and realizing that some days there is absolutely nothing you can do about it that day. We, fortunately, have “work arounds” for most problems. We currently have to run the newly purchased generator a bit to have enough power until we get the new batteries installed. “Hmmm,” you say, “Didn’t you guys get new batteries back in La Cruz?” Well, yes we did but it turns out they delivered 12 volt batteries instead of the 6 volt ones I asked for. Even my suspicious concerns when they were handed over were brushed aside by the delivery guy. When I finally had time to check them (after laying awake much of the night, worrying) because they didn’t look right to me I confirmed my suspicions. By the same token, sometimes, others on the boat run around from time to time with worry being their primary issue unable to do anything to alleviate or fix the source of their excitement. This is fairly destructive because when there isn’t anything you can do this heightened worry just wears on everyone and makes us crabby. Crabby doesn’t have a place in paradise in my estimation. Anyway, it goes against my normally cheery disposition!!

No comments: