Thursday, October 21, 2010

Kiva = Microfinance; Next...

As those watching this space for any time know I decided awhile ago to support Kiva and the micro-finance movement. Well, here is one of the founders of Kiva talking about an extension of that movement that may have the power of the original in a better way. Yes, the economy may suck at the moment but this idea has the power to do for the economy what the, now non-lending, banks fail to do when they are too large for regular people. You see, at this point anyway, I have far more than the average loans in the Kiva system but I see that more is needed here (in the U.S.A.) to promote the businesses that are trying hard to go forward in adverse conditions. It will still take "BIG" ideas to create new businesses but it can be done if the traditional bank is not in the picture.

I do not know what the future holds but I can applaud the good idea when I see it. This is a little over 18 minutes in length so you have to stick with it to get the point.


No comments: