Saturday, November 22, 2008

Cruiser's Transportation


So, today I needed to get into Puerto Vallarta from La Cruz. It is easy to get there. You would need only to walk up the small hill from the marina (if you are in the marina), a distance of less than a mile and catch the ATM bus for NP$14.00 (about a dollar at the current exchange rate). Then sit patiently for a span of about an hour (less on an E-ticket ride) and you are there. Well, you are at the out skirts of P.V. anyway. You then look for a bus that says it’s going to Centro and hop on that for another NP$5.50 and the next thing you know you are there!

This trip had multiple stops that I needed to make so was a bit disjointed because I kept paying for more than the distance from place to place because I didn’t correctly recall which place came first. Oh well, at the end of it all I made all the stops I set out to make and probably paid a few pennies more than I would have if I had been more organized. No big deal. You almost never find what you are looking for at the place you think you should find it… but that’s just fine with me. It usually means that I end up with a little more adventure than I otherwise would have. This particular trip was solo so I wasn’t trying to help a group get on and off at the needed stops and I was following only my own agenda. It definitely gets more complicated if there are multiple drivers for where “we” should be going next. Especially if the destinations change as the day progresses!!

For all that this was a great if exhaustive day. Despite all the bus riding I probably hoofed it about four miles. That’s very healthy although I am now very stiff and will wind this up and go in search of appropriate refreshment.

I ended up writing this from Philo's (file-oh's) in La Cruz de Huanacaxtle and the beer is cold the ribs are on the grill and life is sooo good!!

3 comments:

DMC Friend said...

It is great to read your posts and see that, mostly, you are enjoying yourself and starting to get into the cruising mode. I too have enjoyed the simple challenge of navigating a foreign landscape, trying to figure out the where and when of the system. People can be so helpful on a bus, even though we have different languages. TTFN

Brad said...

Hello Christopher,

Sounds like you are enjoying getting back into your element - Mexico that is. I wish you could post some of the music you've been listening to. Vaya con Dios!

Brad

Cleat said...

Good point Brad... I will endeavor to put together more about the music and bring the flavor (el sabor) of what we find to the front of the blog. There are issues here about adding the "special" characters so if a search of the name I give yields nothing add an accent over one of the letters and try again. For instance, a group called Mana has the accent over the second "a" so that should give you the right name to search for... good music to be sure.