Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Local Transport






One of the things I have noticed here is that two wheeled vehicles have taken over much of the transport function here in Mexico. The buses are a common ground for getting anywhere for us as cruisers but if you are indigenous you would have to consider the efficiency of a scooter. Lots of RV’ers have them too but the local folks have embraced the concept of getting things done via two wheels. Since that is an interest of mine perhaps I am too sensitized to this but, frankly, there are lots of scooters in play here. I include examples of what I have seen here that are just typical and not particularly special. Many of the ones I have seen have scrapes and bumps one would expect from hard use with the condition that replacement parts are hard or expensive to come by but over all there are things here in the 70 to 200 cc motor range that have impressed me as particularly durable machines. The smallish Suzuki I saw the other day was one they should be selling in the States!!

1 comment:

DMC Friend said...

One of these two wheelers with floatation would be the perfect dingy! I heard a rumor that you guys would head northerly sometime in March.